Monday, October 13, 2008

Decisions


I have decisions to make and I don't know how to make them. I have prayed about them, I've meditated on Biblical passages, I've sought out the counsel of others - and nothing. I don't know what my decisions are supposed to be.

It doesn't seem quite fair, God, that you know everything about me, from the number of hairs on my head to the groanings of my heart, and yet I have such a hard time finding the answers to the decisions I have to make in my life. Couldn't you, in your infinite wisdom and power, have worked out a better way to help us know what we are supposed to do when faced with our dilemmas? I am willing and able to do what you want me to do. But I need to know what that is.

The question of your will is the most confusing of all to me. I am seeking it but not finding it. Help me Lord. Just help me make a decision, please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello "Downhook",
I came across your blogs and found thoughts and reflections which I found interesting and close to those of mine. When I read this entry about making decisions and following God's will, I had to think about what was my own experience. I find it terribly difficult to find God's will just by praying, discussing or thinking, only one way "proved itself" in my life. When I am confused what to do or which direction to choose, I pray for that decision, think about it but at the same time listen to my feelings and follow the path of my instincts. Sometimes it takes quite a long time and mostly my expectations differ so much from the results but when I look back into the past of my life, I am sure that following this way brought me where I am and where God wants me to be. I think we are too impatient and want to hear direct "orders" what to do because it would be both easier and faster but God's presence doesn't work this way. It seems to me that we just have to accept it.

Anonymous said...

I agree! These are the conculsions I have also come too!

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I was not sure there was anyone reading this blog. It will give me the encouragement I need to continue putting my thoughts down....