Sunday, December 28, 2008

Whew!


Well Lord, another Christmas is over! Thank you for helping me to keep things in perspective this year - to not forget what the celebration is all about! Thank you for helping me make this Christmas one of joy and wonder and not stress and anxiety. Thank you for allowing me to rejoice this year after such a sad holiday one short year ago when I was missing my mother so painfully. Lord, you know I still miss her! But you have allowed me to come through to the other side of grief and enjoy so many wonderful memories, whether they make me sad or not. I no longer dread the memories. Now I embrace them.

Most of all Lord - thank you for the gift of the very first Christmas over two thousand years ago. Thank you for a tiny baby that came to earth for me. And thank you for reminding me throughout this past month how important that gift was and is to me.

No comments: