Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday

Oh Lord, its the end of a long week and I am so looking forward to being with your children at worship tomorrow. I really need that wonderful shot of energy that I feel when I'm raising my voice to heaven, singing hymns with a choir of believers who, like me, look to you for their strength and peace - and for the courage to face another week. It's the tonic we all need to sooth our souls and calm our spirits.

Yes, I'm anxious to be at church again - because there's strength and comfort in numbers. Just like the little girl who told her mother that she knew God was with her in the dark, but sometimes she really needed someone with skin on. I know God is with me all week too - but on Sundays I get skin.

Thank you for your body of believers Lord. Thank you for all the skin.

No comments: