Monday, October 8, 2012

Night

Another sleepless night Lord. Another nights of prayer and thought, worry and fear, tossing and turning. They are such long nights Lord!

I wonder sometimes if you want to speak to me in the dark for a reason God. Is this the best time for me to listen? Am I less distracted, more in tune, ready to listen? Is it only because my mind can grab hold of whatever it is and mull it over in peace? I don't know the reason, but I do know some of my most heartfelt yearnings come to light when I talk with you in the darkest part of the night. And as tired as I am the next day, I'm grateful for the time with you.

I'll be tired today Lord. I'll be longing for sleep by this afternoon and I hope tonight you grant it. But I'm grateful for the time we spent together last night and empowered by the spiritual awakening.

No comments: