Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Attention!

I realize that sometimes you allow hard things in our lives to get our attention, but Lord - enough for right now! This past two-and-a-half years have been really hard at my house and I don't need anymore at the moment. But you do have my attention! I am listening to you God. I want and need to know what you are saying to me. Teach me. Touch me. Hold me. I want to feel the "love that will not let me go" right now. I need you God. I know you are there for me and I know you will always be there for me. But just now, I'm feeling a little lost. Turning over control to anyone else is not easy for me.

But I am listening carefully God!


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

In times like those that I can only imagine you were feeling when you wrote this entry, I lift my voice and sing "BE STILL MY SOUL...THE LORD IS ON THY SIDE. BEAR PATIENTLY THIS CROSS OF GRIEF OR PAIN. LEAVE TO THY GOD TO ORDER AND PROVIDE. IN EVERY CHANGE, HE FAITHFUL WILL REMAIN." This hymn has taken me through many a trial, many a care, and has reminded me to lean on the Lord who is on my side and will remain faithful, through it ALL!