Saturday, January 31, 2009

Questions


I saw an advertisement today for a forum where we could go and ask any questions we have about God. I wondered who the expert was that was going to answer the unanswerable! Who can tell me how God's love can be so overpowering and God's joy can be so encompassing that words cannot even describe them? Who can tell me why God cares about me? And who can tell me why God should care about the things that trouble me?

No one knows the answer to those questions, but I know the truth of them. The things we experience, the things we know - those are things no one has to prove to us. But the "hows" and the "whys"? That's the real puzzle about God.

I may never know the answers to those questions but I know this to be true: God loves me, God fills me with peace and joy, and God cares about everything in my life. And that knowledge is what matters.

No comments: