Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Overwhelming

What can I do when life seems overwhelming God? There are days when I'm buried in things to do and I think things could never get harder. There are times when terrible things happen and it all seems insurmountable and sad I want to crawl into my bed and never come out. And I wonder how I'm supposed to cope Lord.

Then I remember that you are the one who will help me overcome. You are the one who is there for me to lean on. You are the only one who can help me put one foot in front of the other and keep on going. And you can also help me do it with joy. Because the joy that comes with your presence can make it possible to go on. And the knowledge of you gives us motivation to move forward. Because there is nothing we can face that you have not been through and there is nothing we will go through alone.

Thank you for helping me get through this day Lord. And thank you for helping me get through this life.

No comments: