Wednesday, April 22, 2009

He will carry you...

A song that has meant so much to me lately goes like this:

There is no problem too big, God cannot solve it
There is no mountain too tall, God cannot move it
There is no storm so dark, God cannot calm it
There is no sorrow so deep, He cannot soothe it

If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders
I know my brother that He will carry you
If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders
I know my sister that He will carry you

It reminds me that there is nothing that God cannot help us get through. And even in the worst possible circumstances, God is with us, walking beside us, carrying us in His arms, or simply waiting for us on the other side.

Thank you Lord for always being there for me. When nothing else works, when all other relationships disappoint, when the world seems cruel and heartless, I turn around and there you are. You never disappoint, you are always true, and I will always need you.

No comments: