Friday, April 3, 2009

Tough days

Lord, I knew there were going to be days like this. I knew that there would be hard days, long days, days of struggle. I know that we cannot expect things to always go smoothly. And yet...I become easily discouraged when those days come.

I'm annoyed at my weaknesses. I hate that I get discouraged and fail to always lean on you. And I find myself expecially annoyed that I can't always find the joy in life. I prefer to choose joy. Some days its just harder to find it than others.

Lord keep me in the hollow of your hands. Allow me to work through the long and dreary days when the sun doesn't shine and I feel as though things may never be the same again. Stay close to my side while I struggle with discouragment and defeat. And remind me that tomorrow is another day and the sun will come out again and everything will look better. Because I know that to be true. I just need reminding now and again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's hard to see the positive side although we know that the sun will come out again. My husband always tells me not to ponder those sad and depressing thoughts and feelings and recommends me to turn my mind to something else, to start e.g. some physical activity to be more easily distracted. I know he is right and yet, it may not be easy enough to switch that button on...