Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wondrously made...



What a peaceful and constant presence you've been to me Lord, during this difficult trial in my life. I've felt your loving arms around me throughout these days just past as I faced physical hardship and the need for your healing power. I was surrounded by your love.

So many times these past days I've recalled the Psalm which talks about how we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" and I'm awed by that knowledge. Watching the skill of the surgeons at work is one thing, but also seeing how my body heals on a daily basis is breath-taking. What a gift you've given us - these wonderful, vulnerable, imperfect and yet perfectly incredible vessels for our souls and spirits. I've had a real struggle in my life, learning to appreciate and love my own (especially) imperfect body. And yet suddenly, after this experience - still so new, raw, and continuing to unfold - I'm finding an appreciation for its perfection and a knowledge of what you see, that it brings me to my knees in gratitude.

Lord thank you! For I truly am fearfully and wonderfully made.....

No comments: