Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Surrounded by God

As I enter into the final day before my surgery I can honestly say that I am totally at peace. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not anxious, or that I don't wonder what the next days and weeks will bring! It means that whatever happens to me, now or later, I'm in God's hands, I feel His sweet presence with me, and there's no place I'd rather be. What a wonderful feeling it is to know that He's in control of my life and all that happens in it. I'm not afraid of death or of anything that life can throw in my direction. I'm simply resting in Him.

I'm so grateful for a God that knows the numbers of hairs in my head, who knew me when I was being formed in my mother's womb, and who alone knows the number of my days. As we sing in our Taize service:

Nothing can trouble,
nothing can frighten,
those who know God will never go wanting.

What else is there to say? Praise God!


No comments: