Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wonderfully made...


Oh Lord, I am fearfully and wonderfully made - isn't that what the Psalms tell me? And don't they also tell me that you know the numbers of hairs on my head and the way my body was knit together in my mother's womb? Yes - you have assured us so many times that you know everything about us and you care about our lives.

So why am I worried Lord? Why do I wonder what the next weeks will bring when I know that whatever it is, you're in control? Things may happen that I wouldn't choose. I might be in pain, or frightened, or face unbelievable challenges. But you'll be with me every step of the way, throughout it all. And nothing will happen to me that you're not aware of. Whatever the future holds, we'll face it together, you and I. Thank you for that promise.

No comments: