Thursday, May 13, 2010

After the rain


It's the day after the rain and God, it's beautiful! The world looks freshly washed and the air is crisp and cool and the rain has made me feel invigorated. I want to get out into the world and do things. I want to enjoy life to its fullest. I want to feel the warmth of the sun and walk in the green grass and feel alive.

Alive, God. What a glorious way to feel. How wonderful to feel good and want to do things. What a blessing it is to be able to make the most of every day. I am beyond blessed, God, and I'm so grateful.

Yesterday it rained but today the sun is shining. Thank you for reminding us that if we are patient, the sun comes out and warms us up again. And if life sometimes brings us rain, it's because it's all part of the deal. Rain and sun, snow and wind, flowers and trees, love and blessings: I've known them all, God, and I'm grateful for each of them. Only through the tough times do we learn to appreciate the amazingly special ones.

No comments: