Wednesday, July 21, 2010

There are days

Oh there are days Lord. Oh there surely are days.

Some days, like today for instance, nothing seems to go quite right. I make the wrong choices, I say the wrong things, and everything I try to do goes wrong. I don't know why it happens and I can't predict it, but it seems to happen on the heels of a really good day, when everything goes right and good things are accomplished. Is there a connection God? Does the enemy see things going well and zero in on your child so there are roadblocks and things just don't go as smoothly as possible? I wonder about that. I also wonder if it's my own fault because when things are going well I tend not to depend so heavily on you. and yet you want us to always lean on you and always seek your guidance. Forgive me for ever depending on my own strength or wisdom, for I will always fall short.

There are days like this Lord and I learn from them. May there always be days like this.

No comments: