Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Surrounded

I am loving this time of the year, Lord, when we are living outside and spending lots of time together - I'm surrounded by my family and enjoying life so much. What a difference a year makes!

Last year I was barely able to function as I worked through the process of fighting my disease. I was doing chemotherapy, my iron was so low they had me taking three iron supplements a day, and I felt like a wrung out dish cloth. This year I feel like a new person, with energy and vitality and a true love of life. God I am so grateful!

Nothing gives us an appreciation of life the way a brush with death does. And nothing makes us appreciate feeling good the way feeling lousy does. And I'm grateful for those reminders that things do not always go smoothly here on earth. Sometimes there is heartache and sometimes there is pain. Sometimes we cry out for your presence just to get us through the day. And often times we take the blessings we have for granted.

Lord, more than anything else I ask that I never again take for granted the joy of a normal, healthy day. Please remind me God that it's not always something to be had and that those of us who do are blessed beyond words. I am eternally grateful for your touch on my life.

No comments: