Monday, June 28, 2010

The Unknown


There is so much fear in the unknown God. It's the fear that eats away at our confidence and at the peace that you want us to have. And the fear of what could happen or might happen or possibly will happen - well that really is the enemy's tool.

Lord save me from my fear of the unknown. Help me to lean totally on you and not on my own poor strength. Know my heart, Lord, and bolster my faith when it's weak and I'm feeling vulnerable and alone. I'm yours Lord - help me to act like it. I trust in you God - help me to hang on to that trust. I now your promises - may I never forget them.

Help me to conquer my fear of the unknown God. It's such a hard thing to do.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I know your feeling. Fear is such a useless emotion, isn't it? There's nothing we can do about anythin why do we allow those fears to get a grip? Trust is a much better way to spend our time, but certainly requires a real amount of work in some moments. It has to be a conscious decision, doesn't it? Know this...you're still being prayed for during your fears. Hope you're still praying during mine, as well.