Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thank you

Thank you God. Thank you for the words I needed to hear in church this morning. Thank you for the scripture and the sermon and the music which seemed chosen for me alone. Thank you for the things which spoke to my heart, for the comfort I found in the message, and for the reassurance that you are with me, you are enveloping me, and you are loving me.....always.

It's so easy, Lord, to feel alone and frightened. But its also such a simple things to allow you to fill us with your spirit and give us your peace. So why is that so hard sometimes? It's one of the mysteries of faith God. But it's also one of the great truths that we can fully depend on you. And you will not disappoint.

Why is it that no matter how many times I learn that lesson it seems to need re-learning for the next crisis. We humans are complicated creatures. But your love is simple. Thank you God.

No comments: