Friday, September 5, 2008

Elections

Dear God - its an election year! Sometimes I find myself so befuddled over the nuances of tax cuts and social services and so confused about who is going to do what and which would be better for us as a country - could you help me out here God? Already I am losing sleep!

Sometimes the decisions we make in life, both big and small, are so complicated that my head spins. There have been many times when I have literally thrown the dice and just jumped in to whatever it was facing me, with no clear direction and no real heading. These are frightening times in our lives! Whether it is buying a house or disciplining our children, sometimes there are just no real reliable ways to make choices about things.

And now, an election. All we can do is pray for wisdom.

No comments: