Thursday, April 22, 2010

Days

It's been a long and busy day Lord, and its not over yet. I still have a meeting and then a class to attend - and I don't want to go to either. I want to put my feet up and curl into a ball on my couch and just rest, Lord, because I'm weary and worn.

I know, Lord. I hear you telling me to stop and remember: remember how I felt one year ago and how I longed to feel well enough to be able to have a busy day. And remember how hard it was to get up off the couch and how little I left the house and how sad that was. Forgive me, Lord, for not celebrating life by gladly getting up and doing the things I need to do. Forgive me for allowing a long and busy day to overshadow the gratitude I have for my life and the fact that I am healthy and I feel good.

Remind me, God, that when I pray for something I need to embrace all that goes with it! And forgive me when I don't.

No comments: