Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sun

The sun is so bright this morning that it hurts my eyes. It's coming in the windows across from where I'm sitting and I'm trying hard to resist the urge to go close the shades. Because I'm loving the warmth and the light and I don't want to block it off. Better to change my seat.

God, I love the sun when we've had days and days of rain. It's like your promise to Noah, reminding us that the sun will indeed always follow the rain, and bring smiles to every one's face. And at this time of the year, when the heat has been turned off but the temperature is still chilly in the mornings, it can warm me right up if I go sit in it, steaming into the windows. It's comfort and its assuring.

Thank you for the world you've given us God. It's truly a wonderful creation and an expression of your love. I'm going outside to enjoy the sun today.