Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter gratitude

I remember many years ago when we celebrated the first Easter after the death of a good friend's child. Suddenly the promise of life that Easter brings had meaning I had never grasped before.

I remember just a few years ago when my mother died and I celebrated the first Easter since her death. Tears ran down my face as I lifted it to God in gratitude for the gift of eternal life.

I remember last year when I was recovering from surgery and grateful for my life on earth and I celebrated Easter with a new appreciation for God's grace and provision.

Again I celebrate Easter and again God I thank you for your Easter promise. I thank you for your glorious resurrection and what it means to us who struggle here on earth. And I thank you for reminding us every year, as Easter once again brings hope and joy into our hearts, that you have made us an Easter people. Thank you for loving us.

No comments: