Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cold weather


I always think about our military when the temperature drops at this time of the year. I imagine that's because my father served during WWII and talked about how cold it was in the winter of '43 during the Battle of the Bulge. So I guess our young men and women could also be suffering from the effects of the extreme weather and I worry about them.

Lord, in this week of remembering our military men and woman, please bring to them the peace of knowing that you are with them, that you care about them, and that we are thinking about them too. May they feel your presence in a real and tangible way. And may we never forget how they are serving us in a fragmented and dangerous world. Thank you for them. Thank you that they are willing to serve. And thank you for the freedoms we have because of them.
Oh and Lord-please keep them warm.

No comments: