Saturday, November 15, 2008

Feeling low


Dear God please give me the energy I need to get through yet another day when I feel so lousy! It's that in-between kind of sick that is so hard to deal with: well enough to get out of bed and function but not well enough to enjoy doing it.

Mostly Lord, remind me that there are millions of people in the world who get up every day feeling lousy. There are people who will never feel good, who may have chronic pain, who are suffering physically as well as mentally for so many different reasons. Help me to remember those people, to pray for those people, and to be loving and kind to those people when I have contact with them, which I often do. Don't let me look past them and ignore their suffering, but rather offer a kind word or a helping hand.

And most of all, may I never take my own good health for granted. My feeling "not-so-great" reminds me how wonderful it is to feel really good the rest of the time.

No comments: