Monday, November 3, 2008

Season of thanks


Now that we are into November it puts me in the mindset of giving thanks. Of course I am always grateful for my many blessings, but this month we all spend time really concentrating on the things we thank God for, so here I go:

God - thank you for:
A world that is more amazing and fascinating every day.
A home that I can retreat to when that world seems daunting.
A family that I love and that I know loves me back.
A group of friends that are there for me when I need them, just as I am there
for them when they need me.
A purpose and a mission: to love you and glorify you forever.
A healthy mind and body.
A church family that I count on for support and guidance.
A husband whom I still love and want to be with every day.
Food on my table and clothes on my back.
Beauty all around me.
The confidence that comes with seeking your will.
Skills I can use for your glory.
Hope for the future when things look so hopeless.
An eye toward tomorrow when others are focused on today.

Make me ever mindful of these and my other blessings Lord, too many to list. And may I never forget them, despite the difficult days, the hard times, the worries over money and health and life.
Most of all help me to keep my perspective on what the important things in life really are.

No comments: