Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanks


It has been a wonderful week of thanks and my heart is overflowing with gratitude for so many things. If I were to list my blessings I think I would be embarrassed at the abundance of them, especially when there is so much pain and want in the world. But I know I am blessed.

Lord, in this busy holiday season help me to remember those less fortunate than I. Help me to think about the child that has nothing when I am wrapping gifts for my grandchildren. Help me to remember the thousands that go to bed hungry when I am socializing with friends around tables of abundance. And help me to remember those who are serving in our military when I am enjoying my family all around me. Lord, please make me always mindful of those who are not as fortunate as I.

And thank you Lord for the things I have. I know I am not worthy.

No comments: