Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Season of thanks


Dear Lord in this season of thanks please help me remember that I have things to be thankful for all year. Let me always have a grateful heart for my many blessings. Don't allow me to be distracted by the little things that tend to get me down but help me to always stay focused on the larger picture: my family, my friends, my community.

Thank you for the roof over my head, despite the leaky moments! Thank you for a wonderful family regardless of the trials that go along with that blessing! Thank you for a church that embraces me and teaches me and guides me, even when it also frustrates me. And thank you for your constant presence in my life. May I never fail to recognize it, even when so many other things are clamoring for my attention.

Thank you this time which reminds us to remember to give thanks...

No comments: