Monday, August 18, 2008

Dear Lord!

I cannot understand some things Lord. Like how can someone take their most precious gift - their life - and throw it away?

This morning's ambulance call was for just such a person and my heart is aching for them and their despair. I have known despair myself before, and I have been at my wit's end more than once, but never have I contemplated something so horrible. I am moved by such an act and my thoughts are of a family now facing the consequences of it. Dear God - help them!

And God help me as well. Help me, as I wander through this life, to have your eyes. Help me to see the desperation in another's and offer a hand where I can. Allow me to recognize the pain on someone's face and reach out to them in any way possible. Help me know that anyone I come into contact with may be lonely, sad, grieving, whatever. And help me to treat everyone with kindness and patience and reach out with your love.

Help me - help us all - to be your face in the world. Dear God help me!

No comments: