Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hydrangeas

I see God in the hydrangeas. I'm not sure what it is about those bushes, but they touch something in me that is really special and I love them. In fact, I love every color, type and style of them and have quite a few in my own yard. The bushes are incredible with their huge heads of tight blossoms and the deep blues and purples are really mind boggling. But I also love the variety that is more tree-like, with white pyramid-shaped blossoms, heavy enough to make the long branches hang like waterfalls.

It's the beauty and variety of God's creation which makes me see that hand at work. When something takes my breath away it is as though God is reminding me who is in charge and who is calling the shots here. Like it or not, it's not me! And He who takes your breath away also gives it in good measure.

Your world is beautiful God!

No comments: