Thursday, August 14, 2008

Driving in the car

I spend a good amount of my driving time talking to God. In fact, I rarely even have the radio on. This is my one-on-one time, my chance to be along with my thoughts and just let God know what I'm thinking.

Today my thoughts were for particular children of mine who are in need of the kind of guidance that only God can give them. I spent a good 20 munutes telling him how much they needed his intervention, his peace, his love, and his direction. I reminded him how much they wanted those things, sought his will in their lives, and were patiently waiting. Of course I know God knows all of that, but I still like to remind him in case he hasn't kept them on the front burner.

I also spent a good deal of my drive to and from Hampton Bays thanking him. I have so many things to be thankful for and I know that sometimes we who are blessed forget how good we have it. Food, shelter, love - the basics in life we take for granted. God forgive me for that.

The car is my little chapel and God and I are very comfortable in there together. Thankfully he meets me wherever I am. I just don't look for him often enough. Forgive me for that too God.

3 comments:

eckman fam said...

hhhmmm....i'm reading and wondering if i could perhaps be the child you are so earnestly praying about!

Downhook said...

Is there someting I should know?

eckman fam said...

no...is there something I should know?