Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday

I love Sunday. I love to sleep just a little later and then get dressed knowing I am going to have an encounter with God when I leave home. Because as often as I talk with God in my car or while I'm cleaning the house, there is something quite different about going to church and being in God's house. Once I sit in that pew I am able to let all the week's hassles and all the year's garbage just drop away from my mind and I am totally absorbed with gratitude. I am thankful for my life, my family, my home, my health - all the many blessings I know are unmerited. And yet they are mine.

So when I get to church it's not about me anymore. I don't bring my problems or questions to God, I don't ask for favors or help, I don't bring my grief or my worries - I simply, gloriously, happily worship. And I can do it in any church, in any town, in any country of the world. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments: